viernes, 20 de julio de 2012

Meet Pierre Sarkozy

Columnist

Monsieur Pierre Sarkozy, the DJ son of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, strikes a pose for Mr Porter.

BY Olivia Bergin | 19 July 2012

Pierre Sarkozy Pierre Sarkozy Photo: Laurence Ellis

To Paris, where 26-year-old Pierre Sarkozy, AKA DJ Mosey, is finally spreading his wings as a DJ in his home city - and showing off his style.

Mr Porter caught up with the long-haired son of former French president Nicolas Sarkozy, snapping him in various laid-back looks around the capital.


Photo: Laurence Ellis

"When my father was president I didn't want that to be the big issue" he says of his career as a DJ and hip-hop producer. "I wanted to prove my value outside of France first."

Sharing a musical passion with his stepmother Carla Bruni (but not quite the same genre, as the former model is of the accoustic guitar-playing, singer-songwriter variety) we wonder if the two ever collaborated inside the gilded walls of the Élysée Palace.

Music aside, film characters make up Sarkozy's style icons, notably Michael J Fox in Back to the Future and Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street. "I still have the pump-up sneakers that Michael J Fox wears" he admits, adding: "I'd like to grow up one day, but I'm still into the jeans and the sneakers."

The upside of this is that thankfully Pierre's shopping edit is free from the stack heels the diminutive Sarkozy senior favours.


Photo: Laurence Ellis

This foray into modelling an apparent one-off, it seems his father's new lack of presidential status is like a metaphorical weight off his Lanvin-clad shoulders.

"Now I can play in France because I've showed people that I'm good at what I do, and not because of who I am."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario